Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Magical May...

It has been a busy month and it's not over... next week is Anna's friend party at a local indoor playland (not Mickey D's) and then Friday it is her actual FIFTH birthday! Wow... where has the time gone? She is so ready to start school too - asking me daily how to spell things and trying to learn new words... Emma is rapidly following in her footsteps, copying most of everything Anna does. Poor Emma is still a bit small so some things like bike pedals, aren't quite within her range yet.

Our month has been highlighted with the start of soccer practice. Our team, Orange Crush, and no I didn't pick the name all my Harding friends... is starting to mold together and at least kick the ball in the right direction down the field... I am the coach and my throat is sore from yelling (nicely) to get the kids to run the right way on the field and stay inbounds. It brings floods of memories of my days of soccer - not my best memories. I was the fat goalie and was afraid of the ball. Not the ideal combination for a team. None the less, I am trying to mold these little soccer players to have integrity and sportsmanship on the field and hopefully it will stick with them off the field too... they are only four year old but it is never to young to learn how to play nice.

Anna was in her first wedding as a flower girl. She was absolutely glowing in her dress with hair done up and nails painted. It was as if I was seeing her years down the road at her prom and then her own wedding... its enough to make a mom panic that the years will slip by.

Overall a busy month in our family - we can barely sit down to dinner as a family more than once a week... yikes. Not our norm. Thankfully soccer only goes through June... we'll see what activity Anna is interested in trying in the fall once the real chaos begins with school and homework and activities galore. Anna is in speech classes now through the local elementary school so we are getting a taste of what life will be like in the fall. She loves her school and her friends and I think she'll enjoy school very much. I was never in love with school but I am determined to help her enjoy it and be involved.

Adam and I are good - work is busy for both of us and we are thankful to be employed as we know of others who are losing their jobs left and right... Stability is a blessing by itself in our lives right now.

Enjoy the slideshow of the recent family adventures...


2 Comments:

Blogger April said...

Your girls look so beautiful in these pictures!! Seriously I couldn't tell which on was Emma or Anna in a few..they look SO MUCH alike! Yeah for coach Jaime! How fun to that she is playing soccer. I think we're going to sign Ava up for soccer in the fall. I'm pretty sure it will be a bust but she's really wanting to be like big brother and play on a sports team.
Those little ones wanting to be big! Anna will love school. Ty loves it but he is also counting down the days until summer..me too. Love ya!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Sara said...

Great slideshow! The girls are so grown up and beautiful. Sounds like you're enjoying every minute and I love it!

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home